Zencastr has a setting for Voip in the top bar of the project page. If this setting is turned ON, Zencastr will start a built-in VoIP session for you and your guests. This is the recommended way to use Zencastr. If this setting is turned OFF then you are responsible for using your own VoIP solution like Skype or Google Hangouts. If you cannot hear your guests, please ensure that the VoIP switch is ON.
Articles in this section
- My tracks are out of sync / audio drift
- I have a guest that recorded an external WAV file. Is there any way to import it into Zencastr so that it can be synced for postproduction?
- Why can't I record multiple channels/tracks from my Zoom/mixer/audio interface?
- When is it safe to close the recording page? When can my guest leave the recording safely?
- I can hear more than one voice on our separate solo tracks? How do we resolve this?
- Why is there a red folder icon with a low disk space warning on the recording page?
- I want to change my plan. How can I do that?
- I hear echoes of my guest's voice when using Zencastr with Skype/Hangouts/Zoom
- How do I add my own sounds/music to the soundboard?
- My guest's screen is blank when they join the project